Monday, June 6, 2011

A year of miracles

So the weight loss is steadily creeping down. This morning I weighed in at 232. As of last Thursday I was 20 weeks out since surgery. So that's a total of 86 since my highest almost a year ago and 64 since surgery. Yay! The miracle though is that over the weekend I bought a size 18 pair of shorts and actually fit into them. I can't believe I've made it back into the teens!!! This is truly a miracle indeed! I honestly can't remember the last time I was wearing a size 18 but I assume it was about 10 years ago. I had been on Weight Watchers and when I started was at 248 and got down to 223, so I would assume that was the last time. I think that was in 2003 or 4 so maybe not quite 10 years ago.

I'm feeling great. I love my new look and love that people have noticed that I'm shrinking :) My next goals are to get a decent treadmill so I can start running because I want to do a 5K and eventually a 10K and I'm working my way down to the blessed 199 mark. It would be great to say goodbye to 200 forever :) Well I'm on my way to get some new tires for my bike so I can start doing that again. Oh I need to have Jared teach me how to roller blade. I've never done that and it's something I've always wanted to learn. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Highlands Mathis said...

Yay Teresita! I love to hear about your progress, I can "hear" your excitement! I would love to start running again and do a 5k in October/November sometime, would you like to be my accountability buddy?