Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New year, new goals

I know it's almost March and I'm terrible about blogging, but I'm going to lose this weight if it kills me. I was challenged at work with a bunch of my co-workers and there is money involved so I'm going for it. Everyone has to put in $300 and there are 15 of us. First place would get $2,250, 2nd place gets $1,350 and 3rd place gets $900. I'm hoping for at least one of those spots. I know I can do it. I just needed some motivation to get moving. So I weighed in at 222. I gained 13 since my lowest of 209 and I don't want to creep up anymore. I'm going to be doing shakes for 2 meals a day like when I first had surgery. I have lots of healthy snacks at my desk now too. I'm hoping to get down to 199 and finally be in the 100's again. I also started on the treadmill last night again. It's been a really long time since I've worked out. I need to do it. So I walked/jogged for 26 minutes and 1.5 miles. I need to sign up for another 5K to motivate me. I'm excited about this. I need to get this weight off and I'm ready to get it going.

In other news Jared got hired full time (salaried) for the place he's been working at for a while now. I'm happy about that. But his car needs to be fixed now since he had a fenderbender a few months ago. Here's hoping it can be fixed and not totaled by the insurance company.

Kids are good. Growing up fast. I'm ready for Kindergarten to start. Elise stays up way too late from the nap she gets at preschool. Now it's just a matter of finding one, which is a huge pain. Erik needs to get going on his eagle project and all the test for SAT and ACT. I can't believe next year he will be a senior and graduating. The time really did go by fast.

Quilts are getting done too. I finished one for Lindsey's baby shower this past weekend. I have another one to do before the end of March for Barbara's sister. Then after that I need to use up all my stash before buying anything else. I have a really cute one in the works that I want to finish. Plus I have one from my virtual bee last year that I need to put together. It's a Christmas quilt so I need to get that done before the end of the year.

I'm anxiously waiting for the summer and fall. Jared will be done with his credential class in August and then Elise will be in Kindergarten. Erik starts senior year. Katie will hopefully be sleeping all through the night. No flu or cold season in the summer (because I'm so sick of everyone being sick). Oh and I'll hopefully be done pumping in a few month :) Oh so many things to look forward too. Plus I'll hopefully be down 25 pounds or so by then :) Yay! Looks like 2013 is going to be a great year :)

No comments: